LLVM Discussion Forums

The code does not compile with Windows and a compiler that does not have support for C++17

the README of the flang project states:
The code does not compile with Windows and a compiler that does not have support for C++17.
I would like some more clarity on what that means and what the issues are with getting flang working on Windows?

as far as I have looked pgi fortran compilers are the only ones available with a annual community edition that is free to use, however it appears to support is focused on 2003 standard and below.

I understand that there are three categories of issues:

1. Code that is specific to linux system calls, system header files, or library routines. This code needs to be refactored for Windows, preferably with llvm portable routines.

2. Compiler option that are used when building flang. These are in the cmake file and need to be refactored to use the portable LLVM methods or with conditional code.

3. Actually compiling the C++ code. I haven’t heard any reports about this.

There are at least two people working on the Windows port. I don’t know if that are active in discourse or the flang-dev mailing list. Both have patches in phabricator for Windows.

• Steve