Advice on filing bug for incorrect links in MLIR Toy tutorial docs

I started going through toy tutorial in MLIR docs, and saw that the links in Ch-1, that points to the other chapters are incorrect. I looked through llvm bugzilla and saw that there are no bugs filed for this. Shall I file a bug for this, or is this already known.

I am also ready to fix it, if anyone can guide me a little bit through the process(I’m quite new to this).

Hey,

Yes this was a side-effect of creating mlir.llvm.org where we use Hugo. And Hugo and GitHub’s short link style don’t match. Currently we are uncertain if we’ll attempt to make it work both sides … One option is to update it to use Hugo’s relref. That would fix mlir.llvm.org and I think better place to start as that is how we’d expect most folks to consume the docs.

Let me know if interested to help & how it goes.

Thanks,

Jacques

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I’m not familiar with Hugo. I’ll try installing it to my system and modifying the links to relref. I’ll let you know when its done, or if I have any doubts.

Thanks,
Anirudh

Sounds good. I added a quick (but fragile) workaround to insert relrefs that should fix the tutorial links. I just made a spot check and I’m sure I missed something :slight_smile:

– Jacques

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply. I just checked the links, and from what I’ve understood, you’ve just modified the links with relref in the mlir-www repo right. Wouldn’t this make the mlir docs files go out of sync with the mlir-www repo. Is that what you meant by ‘fragile’ workaround?

Thanks,
Anirudh

Hey,

I’m using Hugo’s new Markdown Render Hooks to do the rewrite. The MLIR docs are imported from LLVM’s monorepo, slightly modified by the copy script there before Hugo is run. GitHub action used for all of these.

The fragile part I had there before was using a sed script to just refactor it, but then sameeran@ remarked on the Discord channel that Hugo released on December 23rd has this new feature. And someone had also submitted review to LLVM via phabricator to fix up links (https://reviews.llvm.org/D72065). So it should be in better shape at the moment. There are a couple of deadlinks still but most of those are related to “Edit in GitHub” link which doesn’t work for docs imported from outside mlir-www repo.

Thanks,

Jacques